POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : request for special lens-like shape : Re: request for special lens-like shape Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:24:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: request for special lens-like shape
Date: 3 Mar 2002 23:11:14
Message: <3c82f3e2@news.povray.org>
I don't see why the union of a cylinder and a torus doesn't meet your
requirements. If I'm not mistaken, the derivatives of the surfaces of the
cylinder and the torus (if done correctly) should be equal at the
intersection, so there shouldn't be any abrupt changes in the smoothness of
both surfaces.

Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding your wishes...

Fernando.